cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Rebel EOS T5 and close ups

mamassey40
Apprentice

Hello all

Before I go crazy can someone please please help me.  I have tried it all. 

I design jewelry and take photos so I can post online.  For some reason, I cannot get the photo to be clear.  Some of it is clear but then part of it is blurry.  I have no idea what I am doing wrong.  It's not the lighting as I have a light tent plus I have tried outside etc.  I really think it's the settings that I cannot figure out.  

I will say that when I first got the camera I could take some that were very clear.  Then I started playing with the settings per YouTube instructions and that is when I lost my ability to take good clear photos. 

Please help!!!

Thanks 

10 REPLIES 10

Another very simple approach might be to take a series of shots with increasing f stops.  As your numerical f stop goes up, the size of the aperture opening goes down.  Wide open, you will get a very narrow depth of field; while smaller openings yield greater depths of field.  This is very basic, and should have been explained in the reading that has already been suggested.

Try it for yourself and see what happens.  At least part of your solution may be as easy as using the appropriate aperture for your subject.  This, plus other tips already discussed, should help you greatly.

Announcements