cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Rebal T5 LCD screen not showing picture.

kendra2194
Apprentice

When I go to take a picture using the LCD screen, nothing shows up, the screen is just black with a small bit of light streaming through, and if I click to take a picture, I just get a black image. Everything else shows up on my LCD screen such as my settings and all other pictures I've taken before this problem occured.

8 REPLIES 8

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Are talking about taking pictures in Live View mode, using the LCD as if the camera were a point and shoot?  If so, then there are a host of factors involved.  However, you need to provide some information.

What are your camera and exposure settings when you encounter this issue?  Can the camera still take good pictures through the viewfinder?  What do the pictures look like when you encounter the issue. are they dark, too?  Before you take a picture, do you see any text on the screen, text like exposure settings?

Make sure your lens has its' AF switched turned on.  Put the camera into the green "A" mode, and then try it.  What happens?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Yes, I am using it in Live-View mode.

My settings are just the basic settings, nothing customized.

Everything looks god through the viewfinder, but when I take the picture, it still comes out black on the LCD screen.

When the issue occurs, the pictures are just black, sometimes with lines of color going though them. Pictures I've taken months ago before this issue occured still look perfect.

Yes, text such as exposure settings are on the screen.

AF is turned on. The camera is in the green "A" mode, the screen is black with lines of light going through it., although sometimes the screen is just plain black.

13499577_1046724998730714_1317764224_o.jpg

Not good.  If taking pictures through the viewfinder, without Live View, look bad, then you may have a hardware failure.  If you have another lens, then try that one, too.  Sounds like a call to Cannon Support at 1-800-OK-CANON is the next step.

@kendra2194 wrote:

Yes, I am using it in Live-View mode.

My settings are just the basic settings, nothing customized.

Everything looks god through the viewfinder, but when I take the picture, it still comes out black on the LCD screen.

When the issue occurs, the pictures are just black, sometimes with lines of color going though them. Pictures I've taken months ago before this issue occured still look perfect.

Yes, text such as exposure settings are on the screen.

AF is turned on. The camera is in the green "A" mode, the screen is black with lines of light going through it., although sometimes the screen is just plain black.

13499577_1046724998730714_1317764224_o.jpg

Looks like you are in a very low ligfh situation there. Does the camera do the same thing outside on a sunny day?

Yeah it still does it on a sunny day! I managed to get it working for a little bit yesterday and could take pictures again. No idea what I done to "fix" it, but it's gone back to not working again now.

It doesn't work sometimes on sunny days?  I assume you know that he meant OUTSIDE on a sunny day?  Sorry, had to ask.

Have you tried a different lens, yet?  Forget about using the LCD screen to focus and take pictures for now, because using it only adds more variables and unknowns to the problem.  If you're having occasional problems with shots taken through the viewfinder, let's focus on just doing that for now, and we might kill two birds with one stone.

Yes I know he meant outside, that day when it worked it WAS sunny and I was outside but it still stopped working aftewards, and I've tried it on other sunny days outside and it's still not working.

Yes I've switched lenses, I still have the same problem. When I look through the viewfinder everything looks fine. When I take the actual picture using the viewfinder, it still shows up black on the LCD screen.

Sounds like a call to Cannon Support at 1-800-OK-CANON is the next step.  Sorry.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements