cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon R T6i won’t connect to EOS utility (MAC)

Yaddije
Apprentice
Hello!
I’m trying to get my EOS utility to synch with my camera and nothings working. I’ve tried reinstalling the utility, tried a different usb cable, and disabled the WiFi. Please help!!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Yaddije wrote:
Hello!
I’m trying to get my EOS utility to synch with my camera and nothings working. I’ve tried reinstalling the utility, tried a different usb cable, and disabled the WiFi. Please help!!

If you are running the latest OS update from Apple, Catalina, then that the most likely reason.  The update broke apps all across the board.  Apparently, Apple introduced some last minute changes when Catalina was released.  Apple says it is working with developers and manufacturers to fix their apps.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Yaddije wrote:
Hello!

If you are running the latest OS update from Apple, Catalina, then that the most likely reason.  The update broke apps all across the board.  Apparently, Apple introduced some last minute changes when Catalina was released.  Apple says it is working with developers and manufacturers to fix their apps.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Yaddije
Apprentice
Aww I just updated yesterday! Ohhh geez ! That’s super inconvenient ! Thank you for the response! I hope they fix it soon..

I have the same problem using Windows 10. I have tried 2 different laptops with the same result. The camera does not show up as a device using Netgear Genie app. The camera sees my wifi network, but doesn't connect. I have successfully connected with the mobile phone bluetooth app. The wifi feature was a BIG part of my decision to buy the eos r.

Announcements