cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Eos rebel t5 remote

Bzach
Contributor

I called a camera store to find out which remote control I would need for my camera before I ordered it on the canon website. I sustained a head injury in a car accident so I’m relearning on how to use my camera all over again. I have a Canon Eos Rebel T5, the store clerk told me to buy the RC-6 remote. I’m having a terrible time trying to figure out on how to hook it up to my camera. Is there anyone here that would be able to please help me figure out on how I go back and forth from using a remote and then back to shooting with my finger. I would be very greatful for your help. I really can’t afford to go pay the camera store to show me how to use my camera, I really wish I could just take a course but right now my brain would not remember it. So I’m just trying to learn simple stuff right now and just taking and playing around with it here and there in hopes to remember something. But anyways if anyone could please help me figure out how to hook up this remote it would be so greatly appreciated. This picture is the remote I bought

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tim
Authority

Hello Bzach, 

I am sorry that you were told to buy the RC-6 remote as this is not compatible with the EOS Rebel T5.  I apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause you. The EOS Rebel T5 is compatible with the Remote Switch RS-60E3.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Tim
Authority

Hello Bzach, 

I am sorry that you were told to buy the RC-6 remote as this is not compatible with the EOS Rebel T5.  I apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause you. The EOS Rebel T5 is compatible with the Remote Switch RS-60E3.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Can you tell me the remote that it does take please so I can buy the right one for my Canon Eos Rebel T5 please and thank you I need a wireless one if there is one

The T5 is a stripped down camera and does not have the InfraRed remote control capability that most Canon cameras have. 

Instead of IR remote, you can use the $21 Canon RS-60E3 Remote Switch, which is a wired remote that plugs into the side of the camera. 

There are also many 3rd party wired remotes that are cheaper, and function the same way. 

T5 remote.jpg

441494.image1.jpg

For a little more money it is possible to buy a 3rd party wireless radio remote with a reciever that plugs into the same remote control terminal on the side of the camera.  The hand held trasmitter will function from much farther away than the IR remote.

Most  of the receiver units can be mounted in the hotshoe so they don't hang from the wire and flop around, but there is no need or function from being in the hot shoe. It is just for inconvenience. 

T5 remote2.jpg

Mike Sowsun

Thank you

Where would I buy them from and what are they called? Sorry that I have so many questions but I have a head injury and I have forgotten everything about my camera and I’m trying to relearn everything and it’s just been a difficult road

You can download your manual from the Canon website to keep handy and re-learn it. You can purchase the remotes, wired or wireless in many places online. What you want is one with a sub-mini jack, 2.5mm made for Canon cameras.

Thank you so much yes I’ve downloaded it it’s just very confusing to me still. I even bought that book for dummies I thought I might be able to understand that book better but it was just as confusing. But when you’ve lhad to relearn to read and stuff things are a bit different and difficult but I’m getting there everyday 😊

@Bzach wrote:

Where would I buy them from and what are they called? Sorry that I have so many questions but I have a head injury and I have forgotten everything about my camera and I’m trying to relearn everything and it’s just been a difficult road

B&H Photo is a great place to find almost anything for your camera.

Just search "T5 Wireless Remote" or "T5 Wireless Remote Shutter Release"  and you will see 4 different brands ranging from $39.95 to $67.95  

Mike Sowsun

Thank you so much that helps a ton 🤗

Announcements