cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Eos Rebel T6i Camera Not Taking Pictures

eshelly
Apprentice

My camera won't take pictures unless I'm facing it at the ground. Sometimes it will take one or two at a normal angle, but it will stop after that. I'm worried I messed up something with the sensor or lense because I was changing lenses before this happened.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Intriguing

First of all you should never change lenses with the camera turned on! 

Apart from the possiblity of an electrostatic error, having the sensor turned on when the lens is removed means it will attract dust like a magnet.

It is extremely unlikely the sensor is damaged as it is hidden from the lens' arc of movement.  More likely something to do with the contacts.  Possibley a stuck or covered pin on the body.  So I suggest

Turn the camera off

Remove the lens and look carefully at the pins on the body and the contacts on the camera lens

If you have another lens switch with the an carefully put that on the body, then turn on and take a few images

Let us know how that works out.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Intriguing

First of all you should never change lenses with the camera turned on! 

Apart from the possiblity of an electrostatic error, having the sensor turned on when the lens is removed means it will attract dust like a magnet.

It is extremely unlikely the sensor is damaged as it is hidden from the lens' arc of movement.  More likely something to do with the contacts.  Possibley a stuck or covered pin on the body.  So I suggest

Turn the camera off

Remove the lens and look carefully at the pins on the body and the contacts on the camera lens

If you have another lens switch with the an carefully put that on the body, then turn on and take a few images

Let us know how that works out.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Thank you so much! That was it! I was scared to try switching them around after it started happening because I know how sensitive everythinng in that area of the camera can be, and I haven't touched a camera like this until about a week ago. So thank you so much!

Announcements