cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS T6 NFC doesn't work (using Samsung Galaxy S5)

navi_h
Apprentice

I have configured my Canon EOS T6 WiFi to enable NFC, I have also connected my phone to the camera and the Cannon Connect app using WiFi. 

However, with the NFC/Bluetooth turned on on my phone, and the NFC enabled on the camera, when I touch my phone to the camera, nothing happens.  The app does not load on my phone, the camera does not show any connection.  

I've seen all the videos online, I've read your manual, I've tried the help forums - I have seen no solutions.  Is my camera likely defective?

8 REPLIES 8

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I suggest that you try to contact Canon Support.  Maybe, they can walk you through it.  I know there are limitations associated with NFC. For example, I don't think that you can transfer RAW files via NFC, just JPEGs. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ardi
Contributor

It's a <Removed Per Forum Guidelines>. I have to remove the camera from the tripod to get the little hot spot aligned with the corresponding spot on the Samsung Galaxy. The "touching" BS in the product literature is a farce.

@ardi wrote:

.... I have to remove the camera from the tripod to get the little hot spot aligned with the corresponding spot on the Samsung Galaxy. The "touching" BS in the product literature is a farce.

Why do you need to remove the camera from the tripod? 

Rebel_T6_Front_Diagram_N-Mark.png

The NFC "N-Mark" is on the side of the camera.  This is where you should "touch" your NFC device to the camera.

@Waddizzle wrote:

@ardi wrote:

.... I have to remove the camera from the tripod to get the little hot spot aligned with the corresponding spot on the Samsung Galaxy. The "touching" BS in the product literature is a farce.

Why do you need to remove the camera from the tripod? 

Rebel_T6_Front_Diagram_N-Mark.png

The NFC "N-Mark" is on the side of the camera.  This is where you should "touch" your NFC device to the camera.

Capture.JPG

I should have been more clear which camera I was talking about. The T6s "N" spot is on the bottom of the camera. There is no way to get a smart phone there when the camera is on a tripod. Some tripods with a large quick release foot even require rmoving it when NFC connecting. Poor design IMHO

I don't use the built-in wireless to transfer photos.  It's far too slow for my average shooting day, which is hundreds of photos.

@Waddizzle wrote:

I don't use the built-in wireless to transfer photos.  It's far too slow for my average shooting day, which is hundreds of photos.

To put it another way, the camera's designers probably didn't imagine that a photographer serious enough to use a tripod would care where the "N" spot is.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

MayraMDelgado
Apprentice
Can someone help me connect my rebel t6 to the va.era app

@MayraMDelgado wrote:
Can someone help me connect my rebel t6 to the va.era app

What is that?  If it is an app that is not released by Canon, then you may be in the wrong place to find assistance.

Announcements