cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS Rebel xTi

johnscel
Contributor

My Rebel is taking blurry pictures.  I have watched several videos and tried to solve the problem but I am not having any luck.  Here are a few that I have recently taken.IMG_6421.jpgIMG_0512.jpg

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Do you see how confusing this can be?  All these inner web "experts" can't even come together on how you should start out.

They all have their idea of the correct answer. 

As I suggested just leave the XTi in the P mode.  Take your time to learn how it is working.  Don't mess with the other settings that will only make it more difficult to see what went right and what went wrong. Remember KISS ?

A lot of the time the camera is smarter than the photographer.

The camera records the settings it used to take the photo.  You should look at it.  After a while you will begin to see what works and what doesn't.  But if you don't choose my way and you mess up the settings, you now know how to reset the camera!  Get it back to square one.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

View solution in original post

@ebiggs1 wrote:

Do you see how confusing this can be?  All these inner web "experts" can't even come together on how you should start out.

They all have their idea of the correct answer. 

As I suggested just leave the XTi in the P mode.  Take your time to learn how it is working.  Don't mess with the other settings that will only make it more difficult to see what went right and what went wrong. Remember KISS ?

A lot of the time the camera is smarter than the photographer.

The camera records the settings it used to take the photo.  You should look at it.  After a while you will begin to see what works and what doesn't.  But if you don't choose my way and you mess up the settings, you now know how to reset the camera!  Get it back to square one.

I own an XTi, I physically had it in my hands and was checking the settings it used when in Sports 'running man' mode.

There is nothing more KISS then setting it to the Sports scene mode.

Because as another poster pointed out, P Mode, isn't going to set your camera to AIServo, and P Mode wont automatically put your camera in continuous shooting mode. And P Mode wont automatically choose a high enough shutter speed for moving subjects. 

And if you are going to have to do all those settings you might as well shoot in Av mode with f/5.6 (wide open for your lens) and adjust your ISO to keep your shutter speed at or above 1/500  Just remember to set your camera to AIServo, and put your camera in continuous shooting mode

So if you want KISS just use the Sports mode.

And as I suggested if you are confused by all the different advice try one way for a period or portion the game, then try the other way(s) for the remaining portions. Then when you get home, look at the photos and decide what works best for YOU!

View solution in original post

41 REPLIES 41

"I'd recommend that both you and the OP watch or rewatch these three videos of a presentation ....   ..."

Okay.  I will, but I have seen those before.  I suspect that you have totally missed my point.  Sorry, about that.  Sometimes the most correct answer is not always the best answer.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

"Sorry, about that."

Sorry about what? About driving off the OP ... again?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements