cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS Rebel t6 or lens issue?

Lemmer1435
Apprentice

IMG_5615.JPGMy Canon 75-300mm lens gets blurry when I try to zoom in on a subject.  I tried to have auto focus adjust the picture but still shows blurry only when zoomed in.  Could it be an issue with the camera?  lens, sensor or mirror?  I tried cleaning all of them but no changes.  Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

9 REPLIES 9

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum. 

What settings do you have when you took the photo. Most cameras in AF mode won't actuate shutter if the camera doesn't achieve focus. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I am not 100% sure.  I just tried on automatic A+ 500 8.0 ISO 800 and is still blurry.  It does it with just manually focusing also.

"Could it be an issue with the camera?  lens, sensor or mirror?  I tried cleaning all of them but no changes."

Judging from the hazy image, cleaning may have been a mistake.  Send your camera to Canon for a cleaning and checkout.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Find a subject about 10 feet away. 

Take photos at several zoom settings, like 75, 100, 135, 200 and 300. 

Do any look good?  

Do you have another lens to try? Or can you borrow one from a friend?

Are there any filters or anything on the lens? If you hold it up to a light and look through it is it clear. Don't look at the sun. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Follow up on Waddizle’s post.

When you say clean the camera what and how did tou clean ?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I actually took it to a camera shop for cleaning a while back.  I did clean the lens with ths microfiber and solution that camw with camera.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Did the problem start right after the cleaning? Even the most conscientious shops can sometimes mess up a sensor cleaning.

If you can do the troubleshooting I mentioned above we could provide better guidance.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

OK here is what you need to do. None of the above really gets you anywhere until you do this little test. Being it is  T6 you most likely go the standard kit lens with it the 18-55mm zoon?

Now, first reset the T6. Menus tools, cleat all settings and clear all custon settings. Mount the kit18-55mm zoom and set it to AF. Set the T6 to "P" mode, ISO 200.  Focus set to One Shot, do not use Ai-servo. Now on a nice sunny day go out side and take a dozen shots of various things. If the pictuers are good and nice there isn't anything wrong with the T6 and the problem lies with the 75-300mm zoon lens.

The down side to this is, the 75-300mm lens isn't a good candidate for repair unless it is very minor like a cleaning. IMHO, a micro fiber cloth is not a good item to use to clean the lens element.  You need a real lens cleaning cloth like what you get from your eye doctor.  You can buy lens cleaning cloths from Amazon and Walmart and others. You can ruin a lens cleaning it improperly.

Do my simple test first.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

BTW. do make sure there is nothing attached to the front, or back, of any of your lenses.  Especially cheap filters.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements