cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS Rebel t3 will not focus in AF, MF, or VF or anything at all.

amberattack666
Apprentice
I just got this camera from my friend yeaterday and it was working fine. He had the fish eye lens on ans since i took it off, it will no longer work. I looked up everything possible online, nothing works. When i put the fish eye lens on, i can take a picture but it is very blurry. Any setting or without the fish eye will not focus at all. Ive cleaned it, reset it, legit have done everything. Maybe somebody can help.
4 REPLIES 4

What lens are you using when you're not using the fisheye?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

What is the lens model number?  It sounds like the AF motors in the lens are jammed.  Most of those screw on wide angle lens adapters are a waste of money.  The image quality is bad, and they confuse the camera.  They are usually included in camera kits by vendors.

As for your problem, I suggest that you buy a new lens.  I suspect that you have the camera kit lens, which is one of the EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II models.  It would cost more to repair, than to buy a new lens.  The best replacement is the EF-S 18-55mm STM version of the lens.

Other good lenses to buy are the “pancake” lenses, the EF 40mm f/2.8 STM, or the EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM.  A lens with a slightly longer focal length is the EF 50mm f/1.8 STM, which would be great for portraits.  Notice how all of the model numbers end with STM.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

One thing to try: look at the lens and see if the lens looks crooked (someone might have knocked it out of alignment when removing the screwon lens). if so, try pusing in the opposite direction to see if it snaps back.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

One thing to try: look at the lens and see if the lens looks crooked (someone might have knocked it out of alignment when removing the screwon lens). if so, try pusing in the opposite direction to see if it snaps back.

Make sure the AF/MF switch is MF if you try this.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements