cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS Rebel XSi

silverleaf
Apprentice

My camera is very old and so am I. Woman LOL  I don't know how to get the LCD screen on to use it instead of the viewfinder.

Anyone out there know how I can turn it on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The XSi does have Live View,  but the access is different compared to newer cameras.  Pressing the "Set" button should bring up Live View. 

What shooting mode are you in?  You need to be in one of the "creative" modes like M, Av, Tv, or P. The camera is designed so that Live View is intentionally disabled in the full-auto modes. 

If it doesn't work ,you may have to enable Live View in the camera’s Menu.  Go to the 2nd (of three) Set-up Menu screens, and navigate to “Live View function settings”.

Press the SET button (on rear of camera) to enter this choice, and move up or down as needed to highlight “Live View shoot.”. If it doesn’t already display the word “Enable”, press the rear SET button again to display its choices. Highlight “Enable”, and then press the SET button one more time to enable it.

Now, Live View is possible during shooting, any time you press the SET button (no further need to go into the Menu, once it’s been enabled, unless you want to prevent access to Live View).

001.jpg

Mike Sowsun

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

There is no live view in the setting.  Only LCD Brighness, Date/Time, Language, Video System and Sensor cleaning.  t is an oler camera?

The XSi does have Live View,  but the access is different compared to newer cameras.  Pressing the "Set" button should bring up Live View. 

What shooting mode are you in?  You need to be in one of the "creative" modes like M, Av, Tv, or P. The camera is designed so that Live View is intentionally disabled in the full-auto modes. 

If it doesn't work ,you may have to enable Live View in the camera’s Menu.  Go to the 2nd (of three) Set-up Menu screens, and navigate to “Live View function settings”.

Press the SET button (on rear of camera) to enter this choice, and move up or down as needed to highlight “Live View shoot.”. If it doesn’t already display the word “Enable”, press the rear SET button again to display its choices. Highlight “Enable”, and then press the SET button one more time to enable it.

Now, Live View is possible during shooting, any time you press the SET button (no further need to go into the Menu, once it’s been enabled, unless you want to prevent access to Live View).

001.jpg

Mike Sowsun

Thanks, Mike.  It worked! Smiley Wink  I wasn't in the creative zone. It was really SO simple.  Old camera, old brain.  But, I still love my old camera.

@silverleafwrote:

Thanks, Mike.  It worked! Smiley Wink  I wasn't in the creative zone. It was really SO simple.  Old camera, old brain.  But, I still love my old camera.

You'd be surprised how old some of us in this forum are.  Smiley Wink

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements