cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS Rebel T7i vs 77D vs T6i vs T6s, what’s the difference?

Frank30
Apprentice

Hello everyone,

I just registered on this forum which particularly captivated me. I would like someone to help me answer my question.
I recently wanted to buy a digital SLR camera to take photos during my vacation. I personally like Canon, the latest product in the long chain of entry level Canon DSLRs are the Canon EOS Rebel T7i and EOS 77d. Then the problem is coming, canon EOS Rebel T7i vs 77D vs T6i vs T6s, what’s the difference?

Related Information: https://thedigitalcamera.net/canon-t7i-vs-77d-vs-t6i-vs-t6s-whats-the-difference/

Thanks for the help.

13 REPLIES 13

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

I suggest a visit to the site DPReview.com and go to browse Canon bodies.  They will all be listed there and you can select bodies to look at and compare...

Briefly the T6 series is older than the T7 series.  The cameras with the i designation are the consumer level cameras while those with an S suffix are higher spec'd.  The 77D is what would have been the T7s if they had been consistent.

The Rebel series is the consumer level (in most parts of the world they actually called the Canon ###D (e.g. 700D)) , bodies with a ##D (e.g. 80D) are more for enthusiasts.  Those bodies with a #D (e.g. 1D, 5D, 7D etc.) are considered semi pro or pro series.

I hope this helps

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@Frank30...  Would hate for you to actually have to do some research.

So look here:

https://cameradecision.com/search

Untitled.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

or...

https://www.dpreview.com/products/compare/side-by-side?products=canon_eos80d&products=canon_eos2000d...

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

I think the biggest advantage of the T7i and 77D is dual pixel autofocus which gives you much better focusing performance in live view/video.

The 77D is a step up from the T series and will be a better camera all around.

@kvbarkley wrote:

I think the biggest advantage of the T7i and 77D is dual pixel autofocus which gives you much better focusing performance in live view/video.

The 77D is a step up from the T series and will be a better camera all around.

If the 77D is a step up from the T series, I've never been able to see what that step is. It could have been that like other current members of the nnD series, the 77D has autofocus microadjustment. But it doesn't.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

I think it is a "T7S" witha fancier name.

Perhaps this comparison chart from DP Review will be useful

https://www.dpreview.com/products/compare/side-by-side?products=canon_eos750d&products=canon_eos760d...

cheers, TREVOR

"If the 77D is a step up from the T series, I've never been able to see what that step is."

The 77D and even the 6D were failed attempts at whatever goal Canon had for them.  The 77D whatever place it was supposed to fill and the 6D Mk II should have been the 6D.  IMHO, as always, of course.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Of the models you listed go with the Rebel T7i.  It will do anything you want and maybe ever want to do.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements