Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

Canon EOS Rebel T6i Can’t connect

Whenever I try to connect my camera to my phone, it says “not available in movie shooting” whenever i click on the phone to connect. I am not in movie shooting mode and I have tried a million things. Please help
Highlighted
VIP

Re: Canon EOS Rebel T6i Can’t connect

Make sure the top dial on the camera is set to “P”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."
Highlighted
New Contributor

It is. Nothing is set in movie mode and it’s still not letting me
Highlighted
VIP

Is the camera set to USB mode?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Highlighted
VIP

Reset the camera to factory defaults.

Highlighted
New Contributor

how?
Highlighted
VIP

@alyssakragy wrote:
how?

“Reset to Factory Defaults” is in the camera menus.  Put the camera into P mode on the shooting dial.  Creative modes display the camera’s full menus.  Basic shootinng modes have simple menus, which are a subset of the full menus. 

What directions are you following to connect?  I am getting the impression you are winging it, and it is not working.  You can download the full instruction manual from Canon Support.  They have a wireless instruction manual, too.