Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Canon EOS Rebel T6

My camera is brand new. Never even used it. Cause it won't let me . Everytime I try to take a picture it keeps beeping &I the screen says busy. It beeps until I either turn it off or change the setting. HELP !!
Honored Contributor

Re: Canon EOS Rebel T6

Have you done everything that the manual tells you to do to get started? A wild guess would be that you need to format the card.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
New Contributor

Format the card ?! The manual said nothing about that 😂
VIP

I'll bet it did.

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and several lenses!
VIP

@emilycopeland wrote:
Format the card ?! The manual said nothing about that 😂

It is strongly recommended that you do not use a micro-SD card with an adapter in your camera.  The adapters seem to have intermittent connections between the camera and the card.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
New Contributor

So then what shall I use 😩 Never had this problem with Nikon. Only reason I switched is because Canon is supposedly better quality
Honored Contributor

@emilycopeland wrote:
So then what shall I use 😩 Never had this problem with Nikon. Only reason I switched is because Canon is supposedly better quality

You should use a full-size SD card. What does the card you're currently trying to use say on it?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
VIP

@emilycopeland wrote:

As Robert said, only use a full size card.  I'm pretty sure that your manual makes no mention of "micro-SD cards".  I'm certain that the manual only mentions "SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards." 

Only use micro-SD cards in devices that are designed to use them directly, without an adapter.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
Honored Contributor

You really should spend some time with the manual, but at least here's a start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UmDtw7eKyk

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X, Rebel T5i, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LRCC Classic
New Contributor

I have the same problem. I got the camera for Christmas 2016 and was taking great pictures. All of a sudden comes the "busy" message and I am not able to take any pictures. I have change AF to Live Mode but it will take a couple of pictures and thats it. It only works on MF mode.