cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS Rebel T6

emilycopeland
Apprentice
My camera is brand new. Never even used it. Cause it won't let me . Everytime I try to take a picture it keeps beeping &I the screen says busy. It beeps until I either turn it off or change the setting. HELP !!
11 REPLIES 11

Have you done everything that the manual tells you to do to get started? A wild guess would be that you need to format the card.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

emilycopeland
Apprentice
Format the card ?! The manual said nothing about that 😂

I'll bet it did.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@emilycopeland wrote:

It is strongly recommended that you do not use a micro-SD card with an adapter in your camera.  The adapters seem to have intermittent connections between the camera and the card.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@emilycopeland wrote:

I also use the Rebel T6. You will be doing yourself a huge favor by spending some time with the manual. Download the full Instruction Manual. 

On Page 5 it states:

"If the card is new or was previously formatted by another camera or computer, it is recommended that you format the card with this camera (p. 52)"

On page 5 it also lists compatible cards.

emilycopeland
Apprentice
So then what shall I use 😩 Never had this problem with Nikon. Only reason I switched is because Canon is supposedly better quality

@emilycopeland wrote:
So then what shall I use 😩 Never had this problem with Nikon. Only reason I switched is because Canon is supposedly better quality

You should use a full-size SD card. What does the card you're currently trying to use say on it?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

@emilycopeland wrote:

As Robert said, only use a full size card.  I'm pretty sure that your manual makes no mention of "micro-SD cards".  I'm certain that the manual only mentions "SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards." 

Only use micro-SD cards in devices that are designed to use them directly, without an adapter.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

You really should spend some time with the manual, but at least here's a start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UmDtw7eKyk

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements