cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS Rebel T3 pictures not in focus

Oliverlh
Apprentice

My camera has been working fine until recently. When I go to take a picture, the view finder says my subject is in foucs. However, after the picture is taken, the resulting image is soft.  Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions? Thank you. 

2 REPLIES 2

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@Oliverlh wrote:

My camera has been working fine until recently. When I go to take a picture, the view finder says my subject is in foucs. However, after the picture is taken, the resulting image is soft.  Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions? Thank you. 

Do you mean not in focus, or nothing is sharp?

There are a number of factors that can cause photos to be less sharp than you expect. First thing is double check your lens, make sure your IS is still On, and while you're there just double check to make sure the lens is set to AF.

Are you still using Auto ISO?

Did you recently change any settings?

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

If you allow the camera to use any AF point it wants, then it is programmed to look for the AF point which can lock focus at the closest focusing distance to the lens.  

This means if you "intend" to photograph one subject, but there is another object in your view which happens to be position at another AF point, and that object is closer, then the camera will likely focus on that other object and not on your intended subject.

Do you allow the camera to automatically select the AF point?

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da
Announcements