cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS Rebel T3 not taking out pictures

ricki2014
Contributor

I have my camera since 2010. lastweek I tried taking out pictures and realise I wasnt getting a focus but I took a picture. Now today, I am pressing the shutter button but nothing.

I have a stock lense EFS 18-55MM and its on the Canon EOS Rebel T3.

I took the lense out and cleaned the contacts, and replaced the lense, this did not helped. I also did a manual reset on the features but that didnt help either.

Please help me.

23 REPLIES 23

I found these forums searching through Google for the same issue  - didn't look like anything listed would help short of sending the camera to Canon for a repair...

Then - I manually exercised the part of the lens that automatically extends/retracts to focus in auto mode (no idea what it's called).  Twisted this mechanism in and out about 3 times - and then the camera started working as normal again.  Maybe it was just stuck? 

Anyway - that's my solution and i'm sticking with it - until of course the camera quits working again and my method doesn't fix it.

Hi thanks, will give it a try, I am still stuck at the same problem.

Will give your method a try and let you know what the success was like.

Cheers mate!!!

Mike mY AF Point are set on Automatic with allpoint on red.

2014-03-02 08.45.16.jpg

I have attached a photo to illustrate wheni hit on the shutter button do you see under the minus 3 where the comp is located. I cant recall but it suppose to be at 0. I dont know how it got there, I tried changing it but  I was unsuccessfully.

Also you can see my batter is fully and the SD card can take alot of pictures as the image illustrate.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements