cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS Rebel T3 Freezing or locking up.

kordris
Apprentice

Hi there, I have a canon eos rebel t3, I'm trying to figure out what is going on with this for a friend and trying to fix it. I had to fix a ribbon cable that her husband broke trying to fix a button that he thought was broken because the disp button wouldnt make the lcd come on. Heres pretty much is whats happening. I have tried new card, reformatted the cards. Sometimes it will work fine, but seems if you actually try to take alot of pictures in few secs it ends up freezing up, and the display doenst work or any of the buttons do anything, but you can hear beeps sometimes. But in the view finder the green writing is still visible on the buttom. It also will click to take picture but will not try to focus or autofocus. When it finally goes back to not acting up the focus works again and the buttons work. It seems like its locking up or has errored out trying to write to the memory. I don;t think it would be the lcd display because when it does work the lcd display has no problems. I have tried other memory cards with high read/write speeds. I tried to reformat them. Also when you plug the camera into the computer when is acting up the computer does not reconize it at all. Please give me some help on getting the problem down to one area of the camera so I can fix it for my friend that just doenst have the money to afford a new camera even with the trade in program Thanks for any help you can give me. 

1 REPLY 1

Mykolas
Authority

Hi kordris!

Thanks for posting.

At this point, the best suggestion we have would be to remove the battery from the camera for a few minutes when it freezes up, then put it back in the camera.  If the camera's controls still freeze up and do not operate, the camera will need to be repaired.  To start this process, you'll need to complete a Repair Request on our website.

This didn't answer your question? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements