cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS 2000D (Rebel) Multiple wifi's? 2 saved wifi?

DaddyWarbucks
Contributor

I have my Canon 2000D (REBEL) connected to my home wifi network. While connected to my home's wifi, I'm able to use the cannon connect app to take pictures remotely with my smartphone. 

Issue #1: I want to be able to do this but while i'm at the park or cafe. Is there a way to have the camera tether to my smart phone''s wifi signal? I tried this before and it didn't work since both devices needed to be connected to the same wireless network....is there a workaround? 

Issue #2: Can I save two wifi networks on the camera? It seems the camera allows only one wireless network to be saved which means I have to input the wifi network name and the password everytime I am, for example, at my coffee shop, taking pictures. 

Thank you in advance for your response.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

You can save the Wi-Fi settings with a name.  You can save multiple settings, each with a unique [name].  There should be a wireless user manual available for your camera.  Visit the Canon Support web site for your country, which should have a product support page for your camera model.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

You can save the Wi-Fi settings with a name.  You can save multiple settings, each with a unique [name].  There should be a wireless user manual available for your camera.  Visit the Canon Support web site for your country, which should have a product support page for your camera model.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thank you...
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements