cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS 1300D Problem

tonystang2727
Apprentice

I recently turned on my camera, which I've had for approximately 4 months, and it's been acting quite strange. 
I reattached the lens, turned it on, and tried to focus. Instead of the defocus being a blur it's turned into two partial blurry images. I tried taking a photo, and it isn't taking one. No error, just not getting any of the signals. When I tried to see if the video mode was working, it started clicking and shut off. It is turning back on, but still won't defocus properly or take photographs.
Is there anything I can do or is this a manufacturing issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

@tonystang2727 wrote:

............................... Instead of the defocus being a blur it's turned into two partial blurry images. ..........................

If you are seeing 2 blurry images, I bet you have a problem with the main relfex mirror or sub mirror being broken or out of alignment.  If there is a problem, it will need a trip to a Canon Service Center for repair. 

Take the lens off and you should see the main mirror sitting at roughly a 45 degree angle like in this photo below.

download.jpg

The main mirror is for the optical viewfinder. The sub mirror is hidden behind the main mirrror, and is used for Auto Focus. They both swing up out of the way as the photo is taken. With the lens off, try activating the shutter or engaging LiveView or Video Mode to see them swing up. 

Here is a quick video I made to show you how the mirror swings up:

If you are very carefull, you can gently lift the main mirror with your finger or small tool, and see the sub mirror below the main mirror swing up to follow the main mirror as you lift it.  

down2.jpg

Mike Sowsun

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"...still won't defocus properly ..."

What is that?   Smiley Frustrated      You need to call Canon 1 (800) 652-2666

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

@tonystang2727 wrote:

............................... Instead of the defocus being a blur it's turned into two partial blurry images. ..........................

If you are seeing 2 blurry images, I bet you have a problem with the main relfex mirror or sub mirror being broken or out of alignment.  If there is a problem, it will need a trip to a Canon Service Center for repair. 

Take the lens off and you should see the main mirror sitting at roughly a 45 degree angle like in this photo below.

download.jpg

The main mirror is for the optical viewfinder. The sub mirror is hidden behind the main mirrror, and is used for Auto Focus. They both swing up out of the way as the photo is taken. With the lens off, try activating the shutter or engaging LiveView or Video Mode to see them swing up. 

Here is a quick video I made to show you how the mirror swings up:

If you are very carefull, you can gently lift the main mirror with your finger or small tool, and see the sub mirror below the main mirror swing up to follow the main mirror as you lift it.  

down2.jpg

Mike Sowsun

soph26
Apprentice

Hi i was wondering if anyone could help, i was taking some pictures the other day but didn't have my sd card in and on my old camera you could just plug the camera into the laptop and take them off that way but it doesn't seem to work like that on this camera. Does anyone know of a way to do this or is it not possible at all.

You should really start you own thread. But to answer your question, you need to have some kind of tethering software. I use Lightroom. You got EOSU free with your T6i. If you don't have it you can d/l it from Canon web site. I really don't use EOSU very much but I suspect it can do what you want. LR certainly does.

But the big question why not just go buy a new SD card and shoot like normal?

EB

soph26
Apprentice
I have many as cards but I didn’t have any with me and I need these photos for a project so I had no choice

If there is no memory card in the camera, there is no way to access any previous photos that were taken. This is because there is no internal memory on the camera.

If you were to connect the camera to a computer, you can use the Canon utility to take individual photos and record them directly to the memory in the computer. 

Mike Sowsun

"you can use the Canon utility to take individual photos and record them directly to the memory in the computer."

Hmm, I guess that confirms it!

EB
Announcements