Canon Community Canon Community

VIP

Re: Canon Battery Grip feedback

@ebiggs1 wrote:

"They shouldn't assume that only 1 Series, with the intergrated battery grip, beneifts from having a double battery charger."

You do know the 1 series battery chargers only charge one battery at a time?  The first one has to finish charging before the second one starts.  The only thing you save is you can plug in both batteries at the same time.  But you save no charging time!

Seriously?  What good is that?  At least you don't have stand over it lke a pizza oven tender.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
VIP

Seriously!  It's true, and it is also true with brand-N dual chargers.

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and several lenses!
Honored Contributor

@Waddizzle wrote:

@ebiggs1 wrote:

"They shouldn't assume that only 1 Series, with the intergrated battery grip, beneifts from having a double battery charger."

You do know the 1 series battery chargers only charge one battery at a time?  The first one has to finish charging before the second one starts.  The only thing you save is you can plug in both batteries at the same time.  But you save no charging time!

Seriously?  What good is that?  At least you don't have stand over it lke a pizza oven tender.

Possibly it's a power consumption issue. It might draw too many amps (and therefore overheat or blow a fuse) if it tried to charge both batteries at once.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Highlighted
VIP

"Possibly it's a power consumption issue. It might draw too many amps (and therefore overheat or blow a fuse) if it tried to charge both batteries at once." 

Power consumption is a possibility.  Another is cost.  Doubling up the circuitry shouldn't be a major issue, but the Canon sellling price for such a device could be an issue.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."