cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Battery Grip feedback

sameersachdeva
Contributor

Hi,

I need feedback on Canon Battery grip. I have Canon 600d and two LP8 Batteries and would like to know more about the Battery grip compatability and reviews. I am planning to purchase it via Amazon in India.

http://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B0039VYN1Y?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_mini_detail&smid=

Also, if I purchase 6 Duracell AA rechargable cells, then how much shots can I take at one go? I typically shot around 150-200 shots and a few videos for wildlife and astrophotography per day if I travel anywhere out of town.

Regards,

Sameer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

"They shouldn't assume that only 1 Series, with the intergrated battery grip, beneifts from having a double battery charger."

You do know the 1 series battery chargers only charge one battery at a time?  The first one has to finish charging before the second one starts.  The only thing you save is you can plug in both batteries at the same time.  But you save no charging time!

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

@ebiggs1 wrote:

"They shouldn't assume that only 1 Series, with the intergrated battery grip, beneifts from having a double battery charger."

You do know the 1 series battery chargers only charge one battery at a time?  The first one has to finish charging before the second one starts.  The only thing you save is you can plug in both batteries at the same time.  But you save no charging time!

Seriously?  What good is that?  At least you don't have stand over it lke a pizza oven tender.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Seriously!  It's true, and it is also true with brand-N dual chargers.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@Waddizzle wrote:

@ebiggs1 wrote:

Seriously?  What good is that?  At least you don't have stand over it lke a pizza oven tender.

Possibly it's a power consumption issue. It might draw too many amps (and therefore overheat or blow a fuse) if it tried to charge both batteries at once.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

"Possibly it's a power consumption issue. It might draw too many amps (and therefore overheat or blow a fuse) if it tried to charge both batteries at once." 

Power consumption is a possibility.  Another is cost.  Doubling up the circuitry shouldn't be a major issue, but the Canon sellling price for such a device could be an issue.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements