cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 750D gets stuck and won't save image

Brendahian
Contributor
I have been having the same issue. It started around a year and a half ago and it's gotten worse, now i can't even shoot a few shots without it getting stuck and sometimes from the first shot it just stops working and the photo number starts blinking. First time i reset the camera to factory settings it worked fine for a while but then the whole thing started again. I've used different SD cards it's still the same. My camera is fairly new and i had a friend take it apart to check the camera mirror box and what not and he even was surprised to see how new the camera was. Called canon support and even they didn't know what was wrong with the camera and it can't be from the SD cards. Told me to bring it in for a check up, haven't gotten around to do it yet.
Any update from anyone here? Have you found a fix?
I'e restored camera settings and formatted the SD cards multiple times, didn't work.
28 REPLIES 28

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

What makes you so certain that it is not being caused by your memory cards?  Do you format cards in the camera?

What brand of cards are you using?  Stick to major name brands, 32 GB or smaller.  Do not use micro-SD cards with the adapters because they will always eventually fail.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Brendahian
Contributor
I have formatted the cards numerous times and i only format in the camera. And no i am not using anything other than SD cards one is 16GB and the other is 32GB and they're both major name brands and i haven't used any other type of card. So yes i'm sure the problem isn't from the SD cards.

@Brendahian wrote:
I have formatted the cards numerous times and i only format in the camera. And no i am not using anything other than SD cards one is 16GB and the other is 32GB and they're both major name brands and i haven't used any other type of card. So yes i'm sure the problem isn't from the SD cards.

Okay.  You use "major brand names."  Some models are not suitable.  For example, the U1 or UHS-II cards are not suitable.

" ... ... it just stops working and the photo number starts blinking.?

What is the value of the number that is blinking?  The type of behavior is not described in the User Manuals.  Where do you see this?  Rear LCD during image preview?

Brendahian
Contributor
But i used those same SD cards for 2 and a half years before it started acting this way if it weren't suitable for the camera i think i would've faced this problem right from the beginning. The blinking number is the one that is shown on the lcd monitor on the top left corner in brackets '[#]' and the value of the number is not specific its just the number of the photo that is being shown, and once that happens i can no longer take pictures and the camera is stuck that way even if i turn it off it reads 'recording... Remaining images:1' and after that i either have to take out the sd card or take the battery out and put it back on to restart it otherwise it will get stuck like that for hours ( have left it to record the image a few times when it happened figured it needed time to save the image but it stayed that way till the battery drained) it never ends up recording the image and i end up taking the battery out.
And once this starts happening everytime i take the battery out and put it back in it just does the same thing over again.
Side note: it's completely fine while recording video. I have recorded hours worth of video footage in one go on FHD mode and it seems to be working just fine.

"But i used those same SD cards for 2 and a half years before it started acting this way if it weren't suitable for the camera i think i would've faced this problem right from the beginning."

There are two ways to look at it.  Your experience is either very good luck, or very bad luck.  Pessimists and optimists disagree.  

You really have not answered my most important questions.  If you cannot provide clear answers to my questions, then I will not be able to help you.  For example, you have yet to state what make and model memory card yo hare using.  Good Luck.

Brendahian
Contributor
One is a SanDisk Ultra 16GB class 10 SDHC UHS-1 80MB/s memory card and the second one is a Lexar 32GB Professional 633x class 10 UHS-1 U3 SDHC 95MB/s memory card.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend
It is possible that the card just packed it in, as storage devices will inevitably do.

The very simple solution is to buy a new SD card.  SD cards can develop bad sectors. A change in file format during data transfer can corrupt it. You can try formatting your SD cards on a Windows machine, not a Mac, and see if it corrects it.  But I would toss these and buy brand new high quality SD cards that are recommended in your cameras manual.

BTW, many cheap memory cards on eBay tend to be fake. They look fine but cause all kinds of read/write errors when you try to use them. Be careful buying from Amazon, too.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Brendahian
Contributor
I will try to do that. What do you recommend i use for the SD card?

Any, "high quality SD cards that are recommended in your cameras manual."

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements