cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 750D gets stuck and won't save image

Brendahian
Contributor
I have been having the same issue. It started around a year and a half ago and it's gotten worse, now i can't even shoot a few shots without it getting stuck and sometimes from the first shot it just stops working and the photo number starts blinking. First time i reset the camera to factory settings it worked fine for a while but then the whole thing started again. I've used different SD cards it's still the same. My camera is fairly new and i had a friend take it apart to check the camera mirror box and what not and he even was surprised to see how new the camera was. Called canon support and even they didn't know what was wrong with the camera and it can't be from the SD cards. Told me to bring it in for a check up, haven't gotten around to do it yet.
Any update from anyone here? Have you found a fix?
I'e restored camera settings and formatted the SD cards multiple times, didn't work.
28 REPLIES 28

@ebiggs1 wrote:

I have no idea what a Genesis 5.0 R-Spec is but you are always better off using the SD cards that your Canon manual says.

It is a luxury car made by Hyundai.  Odd analogy, I would say.

A better comparison would be wanting to use unleaded gas in an older car with an engine that only uses leaded gas.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:

A better comparison would be wanting to use unleaded gas in an older car with an engine that only uses leaded gas.

That's a bogus analogy! All fuel sold in the US today is lead-free. Lead in gas was banned in 1996 but was mostly phased out in the early-mid 1980s in the US.

--
Walter
in Davie, FL

Googled it, nice car. I have a 1993 Mustang Cobra with 70K on it.Smiley Happy Oh, red of course!

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

Googled it, nice car. I have a 1993 Mustang Cobra with 70K on it.Smiley Happy Oh, red of course!

Sweet! It seems as if you drive your Cobra about as much as I drive my R-Spec. It's a 2013 an I've got almost 22,00 on it now.

--
Walter
in Davie, FL

@ebiggs1 wrote:

I have no idea what a Genesis 5.0 R-Spec is . . .

I have two of those.  Robot wink

Brendahian
Contributor
No i am only shooting in single shot mode and not continuous and sometimes i use it in remote mode to shoot when im shooting myself. And i only shoot in Manual mode. I tried formatting the card on windows like you suggested and tried to shoot again and it did the same thing. I will try to use a new SD card with your recommendation and see what happens. Is there any possible reason as to why is this happening?

"Is there any possible reason as to why is this happening?"

Yes, it is broken. If the new SD card does not fix it call Canon 1 (800) 652-2666

BTW, you did do a full reset of the camera?  Yes, no?

EB

Brendahian
Contributor
Yes i reset the camera to factory settings multiple times it worked the first time but after that it didn't help.

Canon 1 (800) 652-2666

EB
Announcements