Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Canon 700D/t5i LCD displays 'black' not 'blank'

So my t5i doesnt display my menus/reviews and such. I dont not have a rubber eyecup and it that sensor is clean, thats out of the way. When i turn the camera on, it displays black, not that it doesnt work, but the screen turns on and gets power and displays a black screen. I have been able to get to my menu, but i have to press my menu button and spam it atleast 20x before i am successfully able to see into my menus. I have gone throught the info screen and am able to set the lcd screen on and off. it doesnt change anything. I dont know if something is loose in wiring? though that doesnt make sense since i can open menus when i spam the button. any help is appreciated. I have turn it on and off, updated firmware when i am able and tried different sd cards. not looking forward to a expensive repair.

Honored Contributor

Re: Canon 700D/t5i LCD displays 'black' not 'blank'

Buy a replacement for the missing eyecup.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."