cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 600d White fill issues

summer88
Contributor

Everytime i took photos on my canon 600d white fill always appear, i tried resetting everyting and changing everything but no to avail success, googling also i tried but no sucess any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

...and your camera will still not function correctly.  Call Canon Support.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

Ray-uk
Whiz

I think you will need to tell us a lot more information about exposure & lighting details before anyone can really make a proper judgement about this.

It would make more sense to call it low contrast rather than white fill.

well TBH .. the the camera has performing very well before.. until one day all of my shots (which has proper lighting and exposure) have always a white fill on the resulting images .. call it low contrast or whatever .. i;ve done everything, reseting the white balance, tried every white balance, picture profile always bears the same result

After a second look at this I copied it into my photo software and can see from the histogram that it is extremely over exposed, this can mean any one of the following

1. you have the camera incorrectly set

2. you have an external flash incorrectly set

3. the camera has a fault

4. the lens has a fault.

Try to give us an outdoor shot in normal daylight without flash.

I have attempted to correct your photo but it is really too bad to put right properly.

original 2.jpg

Thanks man.. i tried daylight shots and still the i will be uploading it soon, maybe its about the I hit the canon center, its quite odd really,

1. you have the camera incorrectly set (I always set correctly)
2. you have an external flash incorrectly set (external flash is not equipped)
3. the camera has a fault (this is the one suspect) 😞
4. the lens has a fault. (nope all my lens are good, tried it on some of my canon body)

"1. you have the camera incorrectly set (I always set correctly)"

This is a common assumption. I have heard it many times believe me.  It can be and likely is the cause. Have someone else camera knowledgeable look at the camera. It's no shame to have a double check.

EB

Thanks for your concern, if that a sarcasm thank you again, sorry but the that was my 1st DSLR so i very very knowledgeable about it, again thank you for such advise, maybe its about time to hit the canon center

It was and is not sarcasm.  It is a fact that happens all the time.  It happens even to experienced photographers.  We all miss things from time to time.

If you feel the Canon support center is the way to go, great.  At least you are asking someone else!  Call soon.

EB

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

" i tried resetting everyting ..."

You may have tried to reset it but you didn't.  Probably exposure compensation set wrong.

You have set something wrong and you need to correct it.  Go into the menus under Tools and clear all settings. Go outside on a nice clear day with Sunshine.  Set the camera to Daylight WB and ISO 200.  Put the lens in AF mode, switch on the lens. Set the camera to full auto, usually the green square.  Try it and see it works as it should.

If you can't get proper pictures after doing this ask a camera knowledgeable friend to do it for you.

EB

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Take a look at your front lens element, or lens filter.  It could be “cloudy” and dirty.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements