cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 550D

rKv
Apprentice
Hi, I have been invited to a charity event as their photographer. I want people to have photos instantly are there any devices that I can use? Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Do you mean just see or have a physical print? Define "instantly" in your context.

You could take a break every few minutes and download to a tablet or laptop.

You could purchase an Eye-Fi card and wirelessly transfer to a laptop or tablet.

There are some inexpensive 4x6 printers you could use to connect camera to and make prints.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Do you mean just see or have a physical print? Define "instantly" in your context.

You could take a break every few minutes and download to a tablet or laptop.

You could purchase an Eye-Fi card and wirelessly transfer to a laptop or tablet.

There are some inexpensive 4x6 printers you could use to connect camera to and make prints.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

There would be several ways to do this.  I have done it before at certain events. PictBridge printers can be had for around $60 bucks. They are wi-fi but I strongly recommend using the USB.

I believe your Rebel has a video output. Get a LCD monitor.

Tether your Rebel to a laptop or LCD monitor.  If you have Lightroom or EOSU, this is simple but there are even freeware programs to do it.  Again use the USB.  It is far better.

BTW, if you get to far from these, you may need a powered USB cable.  They can be quite long.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

rKv
Apprentice
Apologies i was not very clear, I did infact mean physical prints.

I already own a printer which prints 500 pictures from one role.

The Eye-Fi card is the best solution as all money is being donated to charity I didn't want to slept a hefty amount for them to reimburse me for. But this card I can use for my personal business as well so I will be happy buying the Eye-Fi mobi pro. Thank you very much.
Announcements