cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 450D problems when the flash is off

Canuuna
Apprentice
Hello! Didn't see any posts about this issue so I made my own topic. So my Canon 450D has this strange problem that it really works well only with the flash on. Right after i put the flash "lid" down, the image turns dark as night. I really can't use the camera with the flash always on, hope you understand that. The flash and the whole camera works perfect other than that, except for the autofocus. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Could someone tell me what to do?
4 REPLIES 4

Porcha
Rising Star

Hi Canuuna,

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, however, we need to let you know that the Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, to go: https://global.canon and select your country or region for your support needs.

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Have you tried it outside on a sunny day in basic zone "Flash Off" mode?

Canuuna
Apprentice
Not yet, just took it down from the shelf today. It's my uncles old and has been collecting dust for years.

Reset it to factory defaults before you do anything with it.  Clear all settings.

Then choose the green square on the mode dial, or P mode. Set ISO to 100 which I believe is the default setting. Put the lens in AF on the AF/MF switch.  Nice day outside, take some shots. Works?  Success!

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements