cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 1300D led asssisted autocus with external flash

Emkot87
Apprentice

I have the canon 1300D and yongnuo external flash ( YN 560-4) and I wonder if i can use the light between the shutter button and the lens thingy so that it can focus in the dark. I wanted to shoot a party and i was pretty incapable because of the light conditions.

4 REPLIES 4

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

No, that is never used for focus. Just red-eye reduction. The only options for focus are the internal disco flash and an LED on an external speedilight.

So there is no way to improve focus capabilites in the dark even with external flash on ?

With the YN-560 on your camera, there is no way for your camera or flash to provide focus assist.  Non ETTL flashes like the YN-560 do not have the red focus assist light at the front.

If you remove the YN-560 flash, the camera's flash does have a pulsing focus assist mode, but that is not what you want.

Your only real solution is to buy a ETTL flash like the Yongnuo YN-568EX, YN-565EX, YN-468, YN-465, YN-467, etc.   or Canon 430EX III.

Mike Sowsun

I have often toyed with the idea of getting my own little red LED flashlight for focus assist. You might try that, but it is a pain.

Announcements