cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 1000D EOS

Grover68
Apprentice

Hello,

I have a Canon 1000D EOS and was wondering if you can still by zoom lenses to fit this camera.  I'm travelling to Africa and would like to use the camera, even though it is old.

3 REPLIES 3

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Yes, any canon EF-S or EF lens will fit.

I recommend the Tamron or Sigma 150-600 mm lenses.

IMG_1011.jpg

@Grover68 wrote:

Hello,

I have a Canon 1000D EOS and was wondering if you can still by zoom lenses to fit this camera.  I'm travelling to Africa and would like to use the camera, even though it is old.

Any Canon EF or EF-S lens should work. Various third-party lenses will also work, but with somewhat less certainty.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Grover68 wrote:

Hello,

If you are traveling that far, I would discourage bringing along a big, heavy 150-600mm super telephoto lens.  They are great lenses to use, but they are not great lenses for travel.  If you carry one, then plan using a protective hard case to carry it on an airplane, and checking it into luggage.

I think you will do just fine with the little brothers, the Sigma or Tamron 100-400mm lenses.  Or, you could even get by with the Canon EF-S 55-250mm STM lens.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements