cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot playback image

campok22
Apprentice

I have had the Rebel T7i for about a month bought it brand new. When attempting to look through images on the sd card from the camera I get the message "cannot playback image" with a tile size image. 

When attempting to transfer to a computer the full image shows while it's downloading but upon completion only partial pieces of the images appear if any of it at all. More than half of the images or just random colors. I know the image is there as it shows up until they are all completely downloaded then they start to disappear and are replaced with solid colors. 

Anyone have any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Sounds like a memory card problem.  Only use major name brand, FULL SIZE memory cards.  No micro-SD cards with adapters.  Amazon is a breeding ground for counterfeit memory cards.  Always format new cards in the camera.

Your photo files on your current card sound corrupted.  It sounds like the thumbnail preview is not corrupted.  But, the most of the file sounds like it is lost.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Sounds like a memory card problem.  Only use major name brand, FULL SIZE memory cards.  No micro-SD cards with adapters.  Amazon is a breeding ground for counterfeit memory cards.  Always format new cards in the camera.

Your photo files on your current card sound corrupted.  It sounds like the thumbnail preview is not corrupted.  But, the most of the file sounds like it is lost.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:

This seems to have solved my issue. Thanks for your help!

You can try one of the recovery programs, some are free, but I too think they are probably lost.

When you buy your new high quality SD cards do not buy the biggest you can find. Instead buy several smaller ones that force you to change them so all your photos are not in one place. Make sense? A camera is not a storage device.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements