cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot import images to my macbook air from EOS T6i

MValentin
Apprentice

Though I have downloaded many images to the same macbook air, fromt the same Canon EOS T6i, I can no longer get the camera to be seen by the computer.  No images will import.  I, of course, do not have the canon software on my mac, because there is no disk slot.  The Canon web site says that I do not need software with OS El Capitan. Canon does not offer web downloads of basic camera software.  I have tried everything that I know to try.  Any ideas? 

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

You don't need the Canon software, but if you want it you can download from the link I sent you.

If you connect camera and open Image Capture you will get the following:Menubar_and_Image_Capture_and_Re__Cannot_import_images_to_my_macbook_air_from_EO____-_Canon_Community_and_Inbox__23_messages__19_unread_.jpg

Select the  circled dropdown and choose the action you wish.

Advice about cable is good. Use the USB cable that came with the camera.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

There doesn't appear that the cord is damaged, but that makes the most sense.  And yes, mine is a T6s also.  

I'll give it a try.

Thank you.

Wifi is turned off on the camera?

13 REPLIES 13

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

You can download and install all the software. Go here and download the EOS Soultion Disk file. Its everything on the CD for computers that don't have a CD.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/dslr/eos-rebel-t6i-ef-s-18...

But, thats not your problem, since you were able to download at one time.

I have a MacBook Air, so I will try and assist. What happens when you insert the SD card (or connect the camera)?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Hello John,
When I go to download the eos solution file, I click on my camera and it says that it has detected an OS that doesn't require software.
When I plug the camera in, nothing happens. The computer doesn't seem to see the camera.

You don't need the Canon software, but if you want it you can download from the link I sent you.

If you connect camera and open Image Capture you will get the following:Menubar_and_Image_Capture_and_Re__Cannot_import_images_to_my_macbook_air_from_EO____-_Canon_Community_and_Inbox__23_messages__19_unread_.jpg

Select the  circled dropdown and choose the action you wish.

Advice about cable is good. Use the USB cable that came with the camera.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Not if his camera does not show up. 8^)

Hi, I have a Macbook Air, with Yosemite. I just got my Rebel T6 yesterday and was able to upload pictures just fine. Today, the computer is not recognising the camera, I went to Applications ---> USB ---> and it is not listed. 

As you can see from the screenshot I have the software downloaded and on my doc, it just doesn't find the camera when connected through USB, and yes, I am making sure I turn the camera on after it is plugged in to the Mac. It also doesn't show up in Applications ---> Image Capture. Nothing does.  

I should also add it is a Canon USB, I just bought it brand new with all of the extras included. Please Help!Screenshot 2017-05-29 18.39.50.png

Wifi is turned off on the camera?

That was it! Thanks so much, I set a Wifi nickname yesterday and guess I left in enabled 

Glad I could help, and also that it was a simple fix.

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Run ImageCapture with the camera plugged in. Do you see anything?

Announcements