cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot format my sd card Canon Rebel sL1

JJCamille
Contributor
I need help. I have a brand new ScanDisk ULTRA 64 GB sd card. I have looked up many forums and YouTube videos and tried everything but still get the message "Cannot format; change card". Please does anyone have any tips or tricks? Do I need to get a different SD card?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JJCamille
Contributor
Hello everyone; UPDATE. So I bought a brand new SanDisk from Best Buy and it is working like a charm! Something I noticed between the old sd car and the new sd card was that the old one that was not formatting is missing the V10 logo on the right hand side of the SD XC logo!

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24

" that has all been with (embarassed to say) a phone camara"

Nothing wrong with a phone camera if you are getting results you are happy with.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I agree - the principles of photography are the same, no matter what device one uses.  However the technology between a cell phone and a more sophisticated camera are quite different.  Definitely worth getting good advice to make the best of your camera.  Good luck with it.

Smiley Happy

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

JJCamille
Contributor
Hello everyone; UPDATE. So I bought a brand new SanDisk from Best Buy and it is working like a charm! Something I noticed between the old sd car and the new sd card was that the old one that was not formatting is missing the V10 logo on the right hand side of the SD XC logo!

@JJCamille wrote:

Glad to learn that this worked out OK.  It seems to me that the original one you got was a counterfeit one.  Maybe you can try to get redress, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Good luck with your photographic journey.  Keep in contact and (we have a section where you can post photos for example) and if you need any further help you know where to come! Smiley Happy

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

JJCamille
Contributor
Thank you @Tronhard! I really appreciate everyone who contibuted to helping my scooby doo this mystery out! I couldn't have done it without you awsome people!
Announcements