cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot format memory card

Groominggal
Apprentice
Just bought a memory card SanDisk Ultra plus 32gbmicro sdhc uhs 1 with adaptor. Just bought my canon t7 rebel. Tried to format card. Says change card. Could a card I bought at Target be defective? I am away on vacation far from a town. Any suggestions?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Groominggal wrote:
Just bought a memory card SanDisk Ultra plus 32gbmicro sdhc uhs 1 with adaptor. Just bought my canon t7 rebel. Tried to format card. Says change card. Could a card I bought at Target be defective? I am away on vacation far from a town. Any suggestions?

Your problem is the adapter.  Never use the micro SD cards in your camera.  Check your instruction manual's recommendations on what type of cards to use.  You will notice the it says SD, SDHC, or SDXC.  The micro-SD cards are not listed.

Buy a new full size card.  Only use the micro SD cards in devices that use them directly, without an adapter.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Sunnywind
Contributor

Of course the cards can be defective. It could lay near the magnets and become unworkable. But it's not necessarily your occasion. Try to test it in other device - phone, PC, maybe it is just not acceptable with your camera, itI can be also.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Groominggal wrote:

Your problem is the adapter.  Never use the micro SD cards in your camera.  Check your instruction manual's recommendations on what type of cards to use.  You will notice the it says SD, SDHC, or SDXC.  The micro-SD cards are not listed.

Buy a new full size card.  Only use the micro SD cards in devices that use them directly, without an adapter.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Groominggal
Apprentice
Thank you. Phone photos only.
Announcements