cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannon T7i

Barby64
Enthusiast

Ok so I do not know a thing about this camera other then it is going to be awesome 
but fo those of you who have had one , what are some basics and some tips to know about this camera 
THANK YOU EVERYONE  for your help with picking it out for me 
glad I went from just a T7 to a T7i 
look s like more features for me to play with 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Assuming the students were learning on a Rebel, there is no safety shift to worry about.

I would include shooting with other Canon cameras in that total shots, my T6S was not all that different than my T3i. I am still figuring out my Olympus TG-5, though.

View solution in original post

63 REPLIES 63

I tried to add my image but it keeps saying it is too big 

79092142_2915750148436268_5520378360980570112_o.jpg79706893_2915750111769605_1949184217669697536_o.jpg

Very nice and it didn't take 10,000 shots.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
”Wow, 10,000 shots! That's ridiculous as usual. Don't buy in to it. In my DSLR 101 classes we did perhaps 50 shots through the whole course and everybody left with a reasonable understanding of how their cameras work. You can learn most of what you need to know in a few minutes.“

You can forget most of what you learned in a few days. There is no substitute for hand on experience. There is nothing simple and straightforward about street shooting at night.

As for using P mode, Safety Shift will likely kick in unless it is disabled, further complicating matters. Did your students walk away with an understanding of Safety Shift after 50 shots?

I said it takes 1000 shots to begin to understand, meaning for it to sink into in and not get lost. From there you learn through trial and error how to capture photos under different shooting scenarios.

Putting in the time and gaining experience is the key. I am surprised that you have to be reminded of it.
--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Assuming the students were learning on a Rebel, there is no safety shift to worry about.

I would include shooting with other Canon cameras in that total shots, my T6S was not all that different than my T3i. I am still figuring out my Olympus TG-5, though.

"Assuming the students were learning on a Rebel,..."

You never know what folks, mostly Moms, will show up with.  Usually low end cameras from all brands.  But, yes, Rebels by far the most common.

I have no doubt one individual here took 10,000 shot to learn his camera, however.

EB

@ebiggs1 wrote:

"Assuming the students were learning on a Rebel,..."

You never know what folks, mostly Moms, will show up with.  Usually low end cameras from all brands.  But, yes, Rebels by far the most common.

I have no doubt one individual here took 10,000 shot to learn his camera, however.

I stand by that 10,000 figure.  It takes that long to really understand photography.  Anyone can learn how to take a snapshot in after 50 shots.  But, it takes much longer to learn composition and how to get the best exposure under a variety of shooting scenarios.

I have no dispute with you on the 10K figure in your case.  No problem at all !  But you can't make that across the board statement average on what it took you to learn and apply it to everyone else.

EB

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
”Assuming the students were learning on a Rebel, there is no safety shift to worry about.”

It is automatic in P mode. You cannot disable it like you can in Av and Tv modes.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

It takes that long to figure out lenses, composition, exposures, camera features, post processing, the whole package.

Like I said, as much as you blow the “get out and take photos” horn, it is surprising to hear you argue against gaining experience.

Announcements