cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannon Rebel EOS T5- Turn off flash

TabbyIV
Apprentice

Hello,

I'm new to shooting without flash as a requirement.  I will be doing a lot of concert photo shoots and I cannot have flash.  I'm not sure where to go to turn off my flash.  Also what is the best ISO setting for 2 different locations, up by the stage and back by the soundboard?  I've checked out videos on Youtube but when I shoot my flash is still popping up.  

2 REPLIES 2

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

What shooting mode are you in? In the basic modes you need to set it to the flash off position.

I always shoot in "P" so that the falsh only comes on when I tell it to.

As far as ISO, you should probably leave it in Auto and worry about Aperture and Shutter.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

First you need to get out of any 'auto' mode. WHether it is the green square or auto ISO.  This means you will have to learn photography and I bet that is the ultimate goal of this exercise.

"Also what is the best ISO setting for 2 different locations, up by the stage and back by the soundboard?"

Personally, I never use Auto ISO so I never recommend it to others. You have a built-in light meter. Use it! Try to use the lowest ISO that lets you get a proper exposure. Nobody here can tell you what that is without seeing conditions.

I like AV and Tv as it allows some freedom and has the added feature of the camera doing its thing. Which you use depends on the conditions and the goal of the photo. Sometimes P mode works but I set the ISO where I want it. Then there is M mode where you are in control of everything.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements