cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannon EOS 1000D Malfunctioned

verysad
Apprentice

Hi All,

I have a canon eos 1000D and use the camera for remote shooting on a windows 7 64 bit computer, everything was working fine until I took a picture and the programme stopped responding. I ended the programme and disconnected the camera, after this if I try connect the camera to the computer again it starts to install the drivers then windows says the device has malfunctioned and has been stopped. I tried to connect to another computer and the same happens, I also reinstalled the firmware (1.0.7) and has not affected anything. The camera works fine on its own still. please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

amfoto1
Authority

If you haven't already done so, I would recommend downloading and reinstalling the Canon drivers and softwares on your computer. I would guess you're using EOS Utilities for remote shooting... Maybe that got corrupted somehow, on your computer is the main one I'd update.

If that doesn't solve the problem, I'd try a different USB cable and closely inspect the cable sockets on both the comptuer and the camera.

I hope this solves the problem.

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif., USA
"Walk softly and carry a big lens."
GEAR: 5DII, 7D(x2), 50D(x3), some other cameras, various lenses & accessories
FLICKR & EXPOSUREMANAGER 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

amfoto1
Authority

If you haven't already done so, I would recommend downloading and reinstalling the Canon drivers and softwares on your computer. I would guess you're using EOS Utilities for remote shooting... Maybe that got corrupted somehow, on your computer is the main one I'd update.

If that doesn't solve the problem, I'd try a different USB cable and closely inspect the cable sockets on both the comptuer and the camera.

I hope this solves the problem.

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif., USA
"Walk softly and carry a big lens."
GEAR: 5DII, 7D(x2), 50D(x3), some other cameras, various lenses & accessories
FLICKR & EXPOSUREMANAGER 

Yeah, check the cables. Also, make sure that it is not something simple like the camera going to sleep very quickly.
--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Sometimes changing USB ports can confuse the PC, too.
--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

verysad
Apprentice
Thank you All, it seems the problem was the USB cable, got a new one and all seems good
Announcements