cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannon 600D video format 720p (60fps) not suitable for facebook or yoututbe?

kaybeeahmed
Contributor

Im using Canon 600d for video purpose and recording in format 720p (60fps). 

When i want to upload the recorded footage directly (without going in any editing software) to facebook or Youtube, the final quality is distorted whereas in PC it looks very rich. 

I have seen other people, who uploaded their videos in 720p from Canon 600d and it looks as expected HD but mine isnt same. 

My video format details are 

720p with 60fps

.MOV file

NTSC

Help me with this issue. Here is the recorded format i have uploaded.

https://youtu.be/wZVwPBhK89k

Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

I'm playing the video back on my Mac and it looks fine.  The depth of field is shallow, but it's otherwise fine and free of any video distortions.

Note that when you upload something to YouTube, they convert it to their own internal format, then process it to be available at several different resolutions as well as being available in HTML5 video.  So when I play the video it's coming through in HTML5 (which is not the camera's native format.)  

You might be having a problem with your web browser.  Go to youtube.com/html5 and YouTube will show a page that displays the capabilities of your browser.  If I visit this page with Safari on my Mac I see different settings than if I visit the same page with Chrome on Mac.  In other words, trying a different browser may give you different results when you play back your video.

I do not know how Facebook handles video -- sorry I can't provide more help there.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

Thanks for your reply TCampell

I will look in to that and let u know about browser category

🙂

@TCampbell wrote:

I'm playing the video back on my Mac and it looks fine.  The depth of field is shallow, but it's otherwise fine and free of any video distortions.

Note that when you upload something to YouTube, they convert it to their own internal format, then process it to be available at several different resolutions as well as being available in HTML5 video.  So when I play the video it's coming through in HTML5 (which is not the camera's native format.)  

You might be having a problem with your web browser.  Go to youtube.com/html5 and YouTube will show a page that displays the capabilities of your browser.  If I visit this page with Safari on my Mac I see different settings than if I visit the same page with Chrome on Mac.  In other words, trying a different browser may give you different results when you play back your video.

I do not know how Facebook handles video -- sorry I can't provide more help there.

JonKline
Enthusiast

In general, most of the video on the  web is between 24 and 30 fps. This is just because a lot of older computer hardware and mobile video hardware have a hard time keeping up with higher framerates.

To me, your video looks just fine, but you might experiment with shooting in 1080p24 or 1080p30, too.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Actually recording 1080p 24/25 fps will give a jitter video which is also called video skewing i guess.

That was my earlier question when i purchased this camera and there wasnt any solution because of sensor issue . So the only solution i found is to record 720p at 60fps. This will atleast give me smoother results
Announcements