cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can this T3i be repaired?

gandalfrodo
Apprentice

I just bought a T3i for my girlfriend for Christmas.  A couple days ago we were in a car accident involving a semi truck tire.  At the time, my girlfriend was in the passenger seat holding the camera, LCD screen in one hand and camera body in the other.  When the tire hit it took a chunk out of the front end of the car, caused the airbags to deploy, and the LCD screen to snap off the camera.

From what I can tell, it looked like a clean break.  The camera still works, still takes photos and video.  No physical damage to the lens, camera body, or screen.  Canon has a flat rate of $190 for a repair, or at least that's where it starts.  From the looks of it, can anybody tell me if this is an easy repair or not?  Has anybody had this experience?  Am I looking at spending more than $190 plus the shipping cost?  Thanks everybody!

T3i LCD Screen

1 REPLY 1

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Gandalfrodo,

I hope everybody's OK!

Unfortunately, your camera will need to be examined by a Canon Repair Technician to determine the extent of the damage.  If the only damage is the damage to the LCD screen, they should be able to repair that without difficulty.

If you don't already have service information, let us know the state you live in.  We'll be able to provide service information for you.  You may also get this by calling us at 800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 midnight ET, and Saturday 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Also, if you plan to involve one or more insurance companies, you should contact them for their input.

I hope this helps,

Richard

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements