cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can they display on the back of a orginal Rebel be replaced

Fisher
Apprentice

My camera was in a bag and my cat knocked it off a table,the back dispay screen is now cracked and has no display can this be fixed or is it too old to worry about.

3 REPLIES 3

hsbn
Whiz
Canon may still have part for it; however, since the repair cost would probably cost much more than the camera itself now, i don't think you should. But you can take advantage of their Loyalty program to trade in your camera and get a refurbished one at a discounted price.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Unless there is great sentimental value associated with your Rebel, I am going to suggest you get another camera.

I really doubt Canon still works on them, maybe they do but I doubt it. A local shop may be better willing. Remember the market value is probably less than $200 bucks Smiley Sad so you can't afford to spend too much.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

Contact Canon service... I agree that it's probably not worth replacing, but you may find you can take advantage of the Canon Loyalty program.

The loyalty program allows you to trade in your broken Canon toward a replacement camera (which may be a refurbished camera) but at a better discount than you could normally get.

Canon doesn't publish the details of the program on the Internet -- and the offers change all the time.  But if you call Canon Support, they can tell you what qualifies.

You may find it's financially the most attractive way to replace your old camera with something significantly more current.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da
Announcements