cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect 650D to PC

EmiilsLV
Apprentice

Hello, 

I just bought canon 650D and i have problem with connecting it to PC through usb cable. It can't find automaticly Canon 650D (t4i) driver, can anyone help?! 🙂canon.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Andy,

At this point, I recommend that you contact us at this link  if you're in the US, or http://www.canon.com/support/  in other countries, where we'll be better able to assist you in resolving this connectivity issue.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

cicopo
Elite

Did you install the software that came with the camera? If so did you get any error messages?

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

Yes, i installed all that software which was in that CD, and no didn't had any error message 😕

WaltA
Contributor

4 questions.

1 - What Operating System are you using?

2 - What functionality do you expect to accomplish with your PC (just download pictures or tethered shooting)?

3 - What version of EOS Utility are you running?

4 - The CD usually has older versions of all the software. Havw you updated them all by going to the Canon website and downloading the latest versions?

1. Windows 7 Ultimate x64
2. Remote control ]
3. The newest one from Canon.com

There have been problems with 64bit windows - possibly not supported by the Canon software your running.

In cases I'm familiar with, users have to launch a Virtual session of Windows XP to get tethering to work.

Possible the Canon people (or other users running 64-bit windows)  here may be able to provide more guidance.

Mykolas
Authority

EmiilsLV,

What devices are connected to your computer other than the camera, keyboard and mouse?

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Printer ( old hp 1200 ), headphones and that's all.

glongstaff
Contributor

If you can try changing the settings for the connection to Print/PPTP as opposed to PC Connection and see if that works

EOS 5D MKIII + EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Sigma DG 150-500 5-6.3 APO HSM, , EF 55-200mm 4.5-5.6 USM, Speedlite 430EXII

EOS 350D, EFS 18-55mm

Mykolas
Authority

EmiilsLV,

Try disconnecting the printer, then restarting your computer and see if you are still unable to connect to your camera with EOS Utility.

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Announcements