cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect 650D to PC

EmiilsLV
Apprentice

Hello, 

I just bought canon 650D and i have problem with connecting it to PC through usb cable. It can't find automaticly Canon 650D (t4i) driver, can anyone help?! 🙂canon.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Andy,

At this point, I recommend that you contact us at this link  if you're in the US, or http://www.canon.com/support/  in other countries, where we'll be better able to assist you in resolving this connectivity issue.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

I have the exact same problem on freshly installed windows 8 64-bit.

Upon connecting the device I see it gets detected as an unknown device in Windows Device Manager. I can't update the driver and after a couple of seconds it seems to disappear from the device manager.

Just reinstalled Win 8 - 64 bit to be absolutely sure I installed the Canon software BEFORE connecting the 650D. Still no go, no drivers found for the camera.

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Andy,

At this point, I recommend that you contact us at this link  if you're in the US, or http://www.canon.com/support/  in other countries, where we'll be better able to assist you in resolving this connectivity issue.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Same problem here. Win7 64 bit. Windows doesn't recognise the camera when connected, after forcing it and loading the Canon software, it loses the connection whilst copying photos across. The only way around this is to take the memory card out and use a memory card reader.

Meh finally found the solution. I actually using windows 8 N. Didn't think that would make a difference but actually it does.

You need to install the media feature pack and then everythinig is ok.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements