cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not find intervelometer for EOS 4000D

galatichunter
Apprentice
I thought cannon had some good cameras until I made the mistake of purchasing the 4000D off of Amazon so I wasn't able to make sure this model had a port to plug in a intervelometer and it doesn't is canon Inc really that cheap as to where they can't design their entry level cameras where they contain important ports that photographers need such as connecting a intervelometer to the camera by wireless or Cord?? Canon is starting to prove me wrong and seriously thinking about switching to Nikon Even their cannon connect app for Android even sucks Never will buy from Cannon again
3 REPLIES 3

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Sorry, the wired remote connection is one of the things not provided with entry level cameras.

I believe that there are third party apps that do give you intervalometer capability over wifi.

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

@galatichunter wrote:
I thought cannon had some good cameras until I made the mistake of purchasing the 4000D off of Amazon so I wasn't able to make sure this model had a port to plug in a intervelometer and it doesn't is canon Inc really that cheap as to where they can't design their entry level cameras where they contain important ports that photographers need such as connecting a intervelometer to the camera by wireless or Cord?? Canon is starting to prove me wrong and seriously thinking about switching to Nikon Even their cannon connect app for Android even sucks Never will buy from Cannon again

Canon DO make really good cameras, but, like every manufacturer, there is a range and it is up to consumers to check the features of the different models agains their needs and select the correct one for their purposes.  Entry-level cameras are just that.  They allow people to take photos that the majority of users will want to.  Intervalometers are not in that category.  It is wise to look at specs and buy off those, or to check reviews like those on DPRevew.com, or videos like those of Gordon Laing, whose reviews are in depth and he will accept specific questions.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

DigitalByDesign
Contributor
Unless there is an item like the lack of the center hot shoe contact that wasn't mentioned in any of the written or video reviews I looked at when exploring cameras before I was given one as a gift.

I was gifted a T7 for my birthday and didn't realize it lacked that important item until I'd already started using it.

It does, however, have a connector port for a remote shutter release.
Still have - AT-1, AE-1 Program, Rebel II; Kalimar K-90/1000 Pentax clone
Rebel T7 gifted to me - A reminder to *always* examine a new camera in person, not trust reviews and reviewers (Deleting the center hotshoe contact? Really?)
Fotodiox lens adaptors for Canon FD and Pentax K to EOS EF mounts.
Former film fanatic, digital by design now as I rekindle my love of photography
Announcements