cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I disable the AF brackets (AF point display) from the 4000D?

Danfm210
Apprentice

Greetings!

I just got the Canon 4000D from a friend and i've been trying to find the option to disable de AF brackets (AF point display) from the Live View Window but I just can't find it... Is it even possible to do it?

Hope anyone can help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Try pressing [INFO] / [DISP] a couple of times.  Depending on the model, the functionality is assigned to a button has one of the two different names.  Cameras that have [INFO] may clear it out.  I do not know what will happen on cameras with [DISP].

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

On some cameras putting the lens in manual mode will do it.

Even when putting the lens in manual mode, it shows this different bracket on the display and I can't disable it, even when i press the info button to scroll through what shows on the display..

This is the cleanest i could make it look

Try pressing [INFO] / [DISP] a couple of times.  Depending on the model, the functionality is assigned to a button has one of the two different names.  Cameras that have [INFO] may clear it out.  I do not know what will happen on cameras with [DISP].

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Yeah, mine has a (DISP) button and it doesn't get rid of the bracket which is a shame.

I'll have to resort to using the EOS Webcam Utility, even if the fps is really bad

Thanks anyway!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements