cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I connect rebel t4i with iphone app

boyapaty
Apprentice

Can anyone help me finding an app to connect my rebel t4i or any software updates ???

9 REPLIES 9

Mykolas
Authority

boyapaty,

Canon makes EOS Utility to connect to your EOS Rebel T4i, but it is currently only compatible with the Mac OS and Windows.  We have not tested other 3rd party applications, so we are unable to recommend a 3rd party application you can use.

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi

Where do I find this Canon software?

Because today I was very disappointed with Canon when I looked at the compatibility of rebel cameras as Webcam and fount that I can not use T4i, just every single camera else. But not mine!

So please tell me where to find this eos utility. And by the way if it's posible answer: can I use an iPad? Which kind of cable? 

Greetings, Kantek

Available and compatible software for the EOS Rebel T4i can be downloaded by clicking on the following link:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/support-dslr/eos-rebel-t4i...

The web page does not include a full version of EOS Utility 2 but Canon develops the same software which is compatible across many of our EOS cameras. You may click on the following link to visit the product download page for the EOS Rebel T7i:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/eos-dslr-and-mirrorless-ca...

When downloading and installing the software, it will show that it is for EOS Utility 3 but a full version of EOS Utility 2 is included to use with your EOS Rebel T4i. On the list of available software to download, please download EOS Utility 3.13.20. Please do not download version 3.14.10 or newer since these do not include EOS Utility 2.

Please note that EOS Utility 2 is software that Canon has stopped updating and no longer supports on newer operating systems. We’re unable to guarantee if it will install and run on your computer.

Once you have installed the EOS Utility make sure you are using EOS Utility 2 not EOS Utility 3 (both are installed when you download and install the program). To do that left click on the Windows icon and you will see a list of your installed programs. If you scroll down to the C section you will see the Canon Utilities folder, go into the EOS Utility folder, and you will see an option for EOS Utility 2.

Click on EOS Utility 2 to open it. That is the program you want to use. To save a short cut you can first open the program and then right click on the icon on the bottom tool bar. You will have an option to Pin to Taskbar. That way you don't need to go searching for it the next time you open it. Once it is opened you can connect the camera and you will be able to download your photos.

With using the EOS Rebel T4i as a webcam, I'm sorry but the EOS Webcam Utility is not currently available for this camera model. In the meantime, I can submit your feedback to our engineers for consideration and may be incorporated in future releases. Consumer demand, technological limitations, and customer feedback are all taken in to consideration.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

To both queries asked above. The Rebel T4i is a 10 year old camera. There is unlikely to be any new software from Canon for it. As a webcam even if you get it to work it will never be a good choice. It simply is not designed for that service.

Unfortunately the best solution is a newer more current model. Perhaps you could make use of the Canon Loyalty Program and trade it in for a newer model. Good luck to both of you.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Due the pandemic situation canon launched the app to use as Webcam. The thing is: it works with t3 & t5 but not t4, that is my problem... 

Be the way, the quality is incredible, canon designed the app for that. The idea is that canon have a superior quality, even not been designed for that will be better than any other web cam. Take a look here :

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/self-help-center/eos-webcam-utility 

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

boyapaty,

You might look into an app called Camera Connect and Control/

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/camera-connect-control/id1457548017

I can't guarantee that it will work with your T4i. You should check their list of supported cameras.

II have a Canon T8i and use it on both my Android tablet and cell phone. It's free to use for three days, and then $9.99 to purchase. It works both wirelessly and wired. If you want to do wired shooting, you'll need an OTG (on the go) cable to connect your Android device to the USB cable, and an IFC-600PCU interface cable to connect the USB cable to the USB port on your camera.

I got the OTG cable off Amazon, and the IFC-600PCU cable from Canon.

Steve Thomas

I'm not an apple costumer, but I'll still have hope to use in my pc.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/self-help-center/eos-webcam-utility

Everyone but t4. 😞

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"it works with t3 & t5 but not t4, that is my problem... "

Did you actually try it?  The T4i and T5i are almost identical cameras. Only 9 months apart. The only real difference is the leatherette covering material.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements