cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera wont take picture, hard time focusing?

itsskatrina
Apprentice

I shoot with the Canon Rebel T3i. Sometimes when taking marco (tokina marco lens with intention tubes) photography my camera (or lense) will not or can not focus on the image (in my case my praying mantis) I am shooting inside the house so lighting isnt the best but I also had my flash on aswell. Some of the pictures were coming out good but some were coming out without the flash and dark. I dont understand why this is happening. Also when I'm focusing i'm using my eye piece and the camera or lense is struggling to focus, going in and out of the subject. its like a hit or miss and im becoming very frustrated. For example check out the second & last picture, both pictures i was using flash. Im really dissappointed that the second one came out dark..... help? 011.JPG013.JPG016.JPG

11 REPLIES 11

I totally did not think abt that, thats so true. & I will also try the manual mode, but how exactly do i do that? Thanks so much 😉

@itsskatrina wrote:
I totally did not think abt that, thats so true. & I will also try the manual mode, but how exactly do i do that? Thanks so much 😉

Just turn off AF, there's a switch on the lens.

Announcements