cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera won't take picture

haleygallerani
Apprentice

I just purchased the Canon EOS rebel T6, and I can't figure out how to take a picture. Every time I push the button that takes the picture, it just zooms in and out. The manual says to push down halfway to zoom in and out and all the way to take the picutre. I have tried pushing as hard as I can and it still won't take the picutre. 

4 REPLIES 4

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Haleygallerani,

Thank you for posting.

For assistance with this, please contact our Technical Support Department. For contact options, please click here:  http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

haleygallerani wrote:

I just purchased the Canon EOS rebel T6, and I can't figure out how to take a picture. Every time I push the button that takes the picture, it just zooms in and out. The manual says to push down halfway to zoom in and out and all the way to take the picutre. I have tried pushing as hard as I can and it still won't take the picutre. 

If that's what you think the manual says, you need to read it again.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"..., it just zooms in and out."

The Rebel T6 does not have an auto zoom.  Possibly what you are seeing and referring to as zooming is the lens trying to focus.  If the lens can not achieve focus, the T6 will not take a picture.

Here's what to do.  Go out side on a daylighted sunny day.  Set the T6 on the 'green square' for fully automatic control.  Make sure the lens switch is on AF.  Zoom th elens yourself to where ever you like.  Take a shot of some nice scene.  Something over 25 or 30 feet away.  If it works, there isn't anything wrong with the Rebel and the inability to obtain focus was your problem.  All cameras have their limit.,  You might have not had enough light or some other setting wrong.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

"..., it just zooms in and out."

The Rebel T6 does not have an auto zoom.  Possibly what you are seeing and referring to as zooming is the lens trying to focus.  If the lens can not achieve focus, the T6 will not take a picture.

Here's what to do.  Go out side on a daylighted sunny day.  Set the T6 on the 'green square' for fully automatic control.  Make sure the lens switch is on AF.  Zoom th elens yourself to where ever you like.  Take a shot of some nice scene.  Something over 25 or 30 feet away.  If it works, there isn't anything wrong with the Rebel and the inability to obtain focus was your problem.  All cameras have their limit.,  You might have not had enough light or some other setting wrong.

Ernie's correct.  Your lens does not have internal focusing, which means it will appear to change length as it focuses. 

Be sure to recognize the difference between the zoom ring and the focus ring.  Turning the focus ring when the auto focus mode switch is set to "AF", may cause damage to the focusing motors.  Until you are familiar with the feel of the lens, it is an easy mistake, or accident, to make.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements