cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera won't connect to computer

16shifrars
Apprentice

I have a new EOS Rebel T3.  The first time I connected it to my laptap everyting was fine.  It transfered pictures and charged.  Now my lap top does not recognize it at all and it won't charge either.  What is going on?  The only difference is that this time the camera is completely dead and the first time the battery still had some juice.

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
I suspect that's your problem. The USB doesn't charge the camera. If it's completely dead the computer can't see the camera. It's like the switch is off.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

The USB cable can ONLY be used to (a) transfer images or (b) remotely control the camera.  It does not "charge" the battery.

The battery can only be charged by ejecting it from the camera and inserting it into the dedicated battery charger that came with the camera.

Once you charge the camera, swtich it on, and connect it to the USB cable (camera must be switched on when connected) the computer *should* see it.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

"It does not "charge" the battery."

A DSLR is not like a cell phone.  A DSLR requires it's own battery charger.  The computer doesn not need any additional items installed to "see" your T3.  It will as is.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements