Did you mean: 

EOS 1200D takes long time to turn on

Tessanne
Contributor

Cannon 1200d

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Tessanne wrote:
I've tried both. Which is best?

Either one, as long it is not a microSD card.  If it takes a long time without a card, then the camera is faulty, which I suspect it is.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Is the card access light blinking during the startup time?

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

What type of memory card are you using?  Only use name brand, full size cards.  Stick to cards 32 GB, or smaller.  Be sure to perform a "low level" format in the camera before use.

Tessanne
Contributor
Using 32 and just brought a 64 Gb sandisk elite. I always format card before going on a shot x

duplicate post.

http://community.usa.canon.com/t5/EOS/Camera-slow-to-turn-om/td-p/196903/jump-to/first-unread-messag...

Tessanne
Contributor
The light flashes now and again. Sometimes it comes on and goes off. Going to try new memory card.

Tessanne
Contributor
New card same problem. Sometimes I have it on live view and camera goes into menu mode , goes black back screen then goes back to menu, very odd.

@Tessanne wrote:
New card same problem. Sometimes I have it on live view and camera goes into menu mode , goes black back screen then goes back to menu, very odd.

Do you LOW LEVEL format the memory cards in the camera?  Most memory cards have some residual formatting on them from factory testing during production.  The residual formatting needs to be completely erased.

Tessanne
Contributor

@Tessanne wrote:

Either one, as long it is not a microSD card.  If it takes a long time without a card, then the camera is faulty, which I suspect it is.

Announcements