Canon Community Canon Community

VIP

Re: Camera setting question

"...you may be able to sponge off the TV lights..."

Love it!  I am guilty. Smiley Very Happy

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and several lenses!
Esteemed Contributor

I really doubt that an event that is having a person who just got his DSLR do the formal pictures is going to have TV lights, but you never know.

Around the turn of the century I did some portraits with my Canon A400 (3.2 MPixels!) and Selphy printer for instant halloween portraits. It actually turned out much better than I could have hoped. They main problem was that the printer was too slow.

Reputable Contributor

For that matter, I suppose it could be an outdoor, daytime event. If the OP goes thru with this job I hope he updates us with some pics of the results.

Honored Contributor

@BurnUnit wrote:

For that matter, I suppose it could be an outdoor, daytime event. If the OP goes thru with this job I hope he updates us with some pics of the results.

Daytime events aren't necessarily easier. If the sun is in the wrong direction, you'll likely need fill flash, which can be a problem if you can't get get in close. And there's no such thing as bounce flash outdoors (although I once saw a photographer, who felt entitled enough to keep barging into my FoV, try to use it at a 4th of July parade).  Smiley Frustrated

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
VIP

Robert said, "Daytime events aren't necessarily easier."

I would take outdoor every time over indoor.

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and several lenses!