cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel XS saying busy and won't take pictures

mliz2486
Contributor

My camera worked fine the other day.  Now, it won't take pictures at all.  When I go to take a picture, it will act like it is focusing by flashing and such but it will never go through.  It always says busy.  I have tried all modes, and none will work not even without flash. 

I have also taken the battery out, taken the card out and reformatted it, and cleared all camera settings.  Can anyone help?  I have a newborn that I would really like to be able to capture. 🙂

Thank you ahead of time!

156 REPLIES 156

Muzahidkazi
Apprentice
I’m having canon 5 D mark IV . My camera is showing busy after each capture. So continuous shutter not working

Hello Muzahidkazi, 

We're sorry that your camera shows busy after each capture.  You may wish to try a faster speed media card in order to keep up with the writing demands of the camera.  When a less than ideal card is used, the buffer fills and the card is unable to keep up and then it will display the Busy message.   

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

kskumargie
Apprentice

I got a 600D, machine with 18-55mm lens. 

Had the same problem, but like mentioned in the replies, I just removed the lens and reinserted. It works fine now.

Thanks.

Sunil

Macro_man
Apprentice

I just bought a t6. and I got a macro adapter yesterday So I have been changing the lense off an on.. Then I had this issue happen. Wear it would'nt Take pics in af. but it would in mf.  this is how i got to this thread. I have noticed most postes that I glanced over had The same isues as me. So I Figured Id post WHAT WORKED FOR ME.

I had it out yesterday. I took a few with the adapter then I showed a friend how the adapter worked. Put it back toghter  and the canera stoped working.to make a long story short  this is what i did.

I put the camera in mf  took a pic  with the macro setting.. then I fliped the dial to potrate. took another pic. Then switched mf to af.. presto  it works. it worked for me. I hope it works for you. ater posting this it did not work again excitment gone.

but i did get it going again. it was the change view finder. (not sure if thats the right name. im kinda a newbee.) were yoou change the view of how you look  threw the eye peice  are the lcd. i still can not take pics looking at the lcd  but i can with the eye peice..

Vivekgautam333
Apprentice

Hey brother. I am also   facing this type of problem in canon sl2. Please tell me did you find the solution

ImaHuman
Apprentice

I'm having the same problem but mine won't take clear pictures at all. it takes 30 seconds of holding still to get a good picture and most of the time it only works with flash on. I have done both Af and Mf modes I have wiped it clean but it's still not working correctly. All of the stores around me that could fix it are currently closed.

So if some could help that would be greatly appreciated.

bmuluswela
Apprentice
I am new to the photography world. Recently bought a Canon 90D and it seems its on continuous shooting. Everytime I take a photo it goes into busy mode and I have to wait before I can take another shot. How do I get rid of this function

However, if you do have the Class 10 card, try formatting it to clear all your old images and videos off of it.

If you have a Class 10 card then you should have no problems.

hicksi
Apprentice

I also have a Canon Rebel T3 that won't take pictures.  I have tried all the different suggestions that I have read but it still won't take a photo.  At first I was seeing a blinking yellow/gold busy signal but then I took out the SD card and battery for about 15 minutes and once I put them back in I see green numbers in the view finder.  I have tried switching to Manual focus on the lens but still can't take a photo. Also tried changing the lens to 3 different sizes.

I had just used the camera a couple of weeks ago and it had worked fine.  I had a similar issue when I first purchased this camera and sent it back to Canon and they repaired in it worked fine up until now.  It hasn't been used a whole lot but it was purchased in 2011 and Canon said they can't repair because it's too old.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

@hicksi wrote:

I also have a Canon Rebel T3 that won't take pictures.  I have tried all the different suggestions that I have read but it still won't take a photo.  At first I was seeing a blinking yellow/gold busy signal but then I took out the SD card and battery for about 15 minutes and once I put them back in I see green numbers in the view finder.  I have tried switching to Manual focus on the lens but still can't take a photo. Also tried changing the lens to 3 different sizes.

I had just used the camera a couple of weeks ago and it had worked fine.  I had a similar issue when I first purchased this camera and sent it back to Canon and they repaired in it worked fine up until now.  It hasn't been used a whole lot but it was purchased in 2011 and Canon said they can't repair because it's too old.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I'm guessing it's a battery issue. How old is the battery, and have you tried others?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements